Friday, July 10, 2009

Norway - country of midnight sun

While I was visiting Lofotes I became convinced that there's no such phenomenon as night in northern Norway. Day lasts 24 hours a day if you can say it that way. So it's always light and you don't need flashlight. That's true. I've even seen very nice magnet with inscription "Norway - country of midnight sun". It was really nice. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy it, so I'm still looking for such a magnet.
But let's try to describe where I've been and what I've seen. So from Andøya I headed to Å to be able to catch ferry to Bodø. The road from northern part of Lofotes to the southern one is beautiful although the most interesting parts are just two ends and the middle is a little boring. I definitely recommend to visit Reine, Å and Henningsvaer. I also recommend camping in Å - it has wonderful view of sunset - if you have time to wait for it... :)
From Bodø I headed to Trondheim and this is very long way and also very slow. It takes the whole day counting stopovers for taking pictures. Near Trondheim there's nice village called Hell and next to it another good camping in Malvik. In the morning rain came and weather made me angry...

1. Andøya and Lofotes


2. Dried fish in Henningsvaer

3. On the road from Henningsvaer to Å


4. View from camping in Å


5. View from camping in Malvik

1 comment:

Sylwester said...

Chris,
I'm dealing with my stupid duties when you're benefitting your journey. It's not fair.

I'm jealous.

Regards,
Sylwester


Have a good trip!