Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bergen

From Runde it was easy to get to Sognefjord - the biggest one in Norway. This creation of nature seems to be really amazing, but weather didn't allow me to admire it in a full light. Of course I managed to take some pictures, but they're not what I expected... honestly most of them are from the road to Sognefjord.

Just ahead of Balestrand there's really nice road... very meandering, but I recommend this - probably only in summer time.
And from Songefjord itself I've only such pics (Balestrand area):

Next on my way was Bergen. Famous city and the one you'll have rain for sure as people say. But not this time. Bergen welcomed me with very interesting Autopass solution and nice, beautiful, hot (23C) SUN!
First thing that surprised me was Autopass system. When you enter Bergen and don't use Autopass sensor in your car, your car is being photographed and picture is mailed to you althogether with invoice. Even if you're foreigner. Or you've an option to pay at selected gas station, but only when you know where picture was taken, what time, etc. Not so easy. So now I'm waiting for my invoice. I'm curious how much time it can take to process.
The other thing was sunny day. People say that it always rains in Bergen, but it's not true. City is beautiful especially while sun is shining. There's a lot of gadget shops, nice restaurants and views. Of course it smells a little bit like every port city, but you can survive it. Bergen isn't even very crowded. And that's what I don't like. Because it was the first city visited on my trip I'd like to mention some prices, just for your knowledge:
- parking car on the street for 1 hour costs 20 NOK (10 PLN)
- parking car on cheap parking for 24 hours costs 125 NOK (62.5 PLN)
- veeeery good dinner with a beer in nice restaurant was 300 NOK (150 PLN)
- beer itself in the restaurant is 71 NOK (35.5 PLN), in the store it's 25 NOK (12.5 PLN)
- coffee in 7-11 costs you 29 NOK (14.5 PLN)
- to enter the city you've to pay 15 NOK (7.5 PLN)
- nice magnet in souvenir shop is 45 NOK (22.5 PLN)
- t-shirt in souvenir shop is 150-200 NOK (75 - 100 PLN)
- 1.5 L of aqua in a regular store is the cheapest 10 NOK (5 PLN)
- diesel is at average price 11 NOK/1L (5.5 PLN)
And I'd like to write something more about the restaurant I had my first real dinner since crossed the Norwegian border. It's called Harbour Cafe and they serve really nice food. Style is american, but quality is norwegian. It tastes perfect and I'd like to eat there one more time in the near future, because I still remember taste of food they serve.
And finally some pictures from this nice sunny city:

In Bergen they have really nice souvenir shops and very trendy underwear. Wouldn't it be nice to have such panties?

Hint: go to Bergen only in sunny day! It doesn't pay to go on rainy one :)

No comments: