Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wines #10: Nebbiolo D'Alba

On the way back from Switzerland we made a little detour and went through Italy visiting beautiful city of Venice (some entries with pictures will be here very soon) and doing a little shopping. Of course it's not easy in Italy to find grocery store, but when you finally find it, you will get out with full cart of food and wine. This was my story. I was not able to decide which wines I should take - they were so good and cheap. As every wine amateur (I mean a person who still can't appreciate french wines, because of lack of experience) I love simple wines. And simple means new world or Italian, definitely not french! So after grabbing some kilograms of nice coffees I moved to the shelf with wines and spent there almost an hour. Most of this time I was near Piedmont region, what means Barbera, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo and Barolo. And it was a good choice - I bet they produce one of the best wines in Italy (altogether with Tuscany). Based on my personal rule (if you can't decide, choose the wine with the the poorest label - in my language it means the wine do not need a lot of marketing) that never failed me, I've selected Nebiollo D'Alba DOC from Ca' del Plin (this wine is probably selected for Panorama markets). It was quite cheap as for Nebbiolo (7 EUR), but when I started to drink it I felt delicious taste in my mouth. It was perfect, like Italian wine should be. I couldn't resist drinking more and more and suddenly bottle was empty. Unfortunately I had only one, so when next time I visit Italy, I'll for sure try to find Panorama chain and buy some more of this wonderful wine! Definitely recommended - but I don't think you can find it in Poland :(

No comments: