Friday, April 4, 2008

Villa Guadalupe

So today we arrived to Malaga. Flight was a bit wearisome, but we bore it somehow - plane from Warsaw to Munich took off at 12:55. We landed in Munich about 15:00 and had flight to Malaga at 16:05. First plane was a bit tight and loaded with people - standard of Lufthansa is confirmed to be one of the worst in the world. The plane from Munich to Malaga was much better - Condor airlines appeared to have much higher standard than Lufthansa. Besides it landed at the destination airport ahead of schedule! Great!
Then we headed to car rental stands. I had a reservation in Avis. We got Nissan Note. Small, but quite nice car. Unfortunately it was a diesel and driving such a car is a strange experience. I'm not a fan of diesel engine. I can't understand why people are so delighted about diesels? Happily we arrived to the hotel in next 20 minutes or so.
It turned out that hotel is in really great place and the web page is completely right about location and views. From our room you can see the whole Malaga and Mediterranean Sea - it's very captivating view! I spent next 20 minutes on the balcony watching the landscapes:

Then we went up to the restaurant for "la cena" (dinner/supper in spanish). I was trying to speak spanish all the time, so got spanish menu. My wife got english menu. Of course I can't understand most of the meal names in spanish, so had to choose something unknown and ordered some soup and one starter. Choice was good and food was perfect. And wine - it's just wonderful. I had 3 or more glasses of it and would like to drink more, but they had to close the restaurant.
Later we had cheesecake for dessert and left the restaurant in good moods. I can definitely recommend hotel Villa Guadalupe and I would like to stay here again. It's really beautiful and people are nice - they even survived my spanish.

No comments: